I had my last training session before my new job begins! I drove a gigantic van, learned a little about texturing and the process that the artist goes through to come up with her magnificent paintings and came home ready to FEAST.
Category Archives: thai green curry
Homemade-ish Thai Green Curry
1 can coconut milk (Don’t get the lame, watery light stuff, please)
1 tablespoon thai green curry paste
1 tbsp fish sauce (Ew, I know, but it makes the dish!)
2 bell peppers, red and yellow
1 russet potato
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
3 tbsp slivered almonds (optional)
Ingredients assembled! I even had the pliers out (check out the last picture) in preparation for opening the can of coconut milk.
1. In a saucepan combine the coconut milk, green curry paste and fish sauce over medium heat.
The can opened! Maybe it’s just Trader Joe’s brand cans that have issues?
2. While the coconut milk is warming, peel and chop the potato and carrots and slice the bell peppers.
3. Stir the vegetables into the sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
4. Cook for twenty minutes over low heat until thickened.
5. If yours doesn’t thicken, as mine refused to, take 3 tablespoons of raw almond slivers (no skins), place them in a food processor and process into a fine paste – about 2 minutes.
6. Add the almond paste to the curry and watch it magically come together!
7. Serve over a delicious, nutty brown rice and absorb! Try to remember to chew, not just inhale.
This makes about 6 servings. I have SO much leftover!
This curry is delicious! I didn’t add any salt, which may have added a little extra flavor, but I loved it on its own. Everything I used in this recipe had 2 ingredients on the label or fewer! How’s that for real food?
I got a last minute audition for tomorrey at noon fifteen! I’m off to study sides!