What a beautiful day! I wish I’d been able to get outside a little more, but I had a nice morning to enjoy the sun and fresh air. I started my day with a gigantic Monsta that had 3 cups of spinach, 3/4 of a cup of unsweetened soymilk, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 a cup of mixed frozen blueberries and strawberries, and the juice of half a lemon and lime.
I headed out to work and made a very important stop to visit one of the most important people in my life.
Mrs. Godiva. She gives me one piece of overpriced candy FREE every month! She loves me!
I’ve begun a new plan for this month: portion control! I’ve realized lately that I’ve been having way too much of everything. I’m generally comfortable with eating almost whatever I want, but recently it’s been sliding out of control and into massive bingeing. Here are some of my goals for August:
– Eat slowly and enjoy every single bite.
– No more visits to See’s Candies (Godiva is allowed once a month for my free piece).
– No more sugary coffee drinks (To save money, and needless sugar/caffeine intake).
– NO MORE BEER!!!!
Don’t freak out! The no beer rule is only for August. I’m still allowing myself two glasses of red wine a week for health reasons. The last time I quit alcohol, I dropped 8 pounds over the course of the first month, and my beer gut needs to go, especially since I start filming in two weeks!
Even though I have a new plan (Now known as The Chief – no reason why, I just feel like using a code name), lunch was still the same.
A mini-spicy tuna roll with brown rice and sriracha. I only used about a teaspoon of soy sauce with my sriracha for dipping. Salt is slowly being cut out.
I did some speed walking on my breaks (My current “strutting” song is “Your Love Is My Drug” by Kesha – perfect for walking to a quick clip), and for a late afternoon snack had Paciugo. This time, I had a child’s size, which is two small scoops, of rocky road and amaretto chocolate chip. There’s really no need for any more than a small taste!
Dinner was a small bean and cheese burrito made with a raw tortilla that was cooked in a skillet. I had 2 tablespoons of pre-made guacamole on the side.
Have you ever tried a raw tortilla? You can buy them in a regular grocery store in the cheese section. You just plop one of these into a dry skillet and slowly cook it until it looks a little opaque. These are the tortillas that they use in restaurants – the ones that make the burritos so unbearably good that you can’t help but inhale the entire thing. Luckily, this one was small.
I’ve also made my August bucket list! A few key points:
– Take a pottery class (I start Tuesday night! My mom and I are going to be throwing clay together 🙂 ).
– Visit the museum of natural history in L.A.
– No See’s!
– Have a 3-hour dinner at a local fancy restaurant with friends (I LOVE having extended meals!).
– Bike up “the Bitch” – a 7 mile bike trail that gently slopes from sea level to 300 feet, then climbs another 350 feet in 1/2 a mile.
– Finally do my “audition intensive” where I put a bunch of auditions on tape to send in.
– Fax in my contract to Foodbuzz!
– L.A. Blogger meet-up! So excited!
– Cut out the brews and sub in 2 glasses of red wine per week.
– Film a festival short (August 14th-22nd).
– Read the Bible every day – I’m going to be doing a little Bible study in the next few weeks.
My day was very productive and cheerfull with all the list-making, and I leave you now with some cozy pictures of happiness.
Enjoyed the final beer last night while sitting around the fire pit. Happiness.
Perfection in a fluffy package.
Do you have anything you want to accomplish/do for fun in August?