What a beautiful day! I wish I’d been able to get outside a little more, but I had a nice morning to enjoy the sun and fresh air. I started my day with a gigantic Monsta that had 3 cups of spinach, 3/4 of a cup of unsweetened soymilk, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 a cup of mixed frozen blueberries and strawberries, and the juice of half a lemon and lime.
I headed out to work and made a very important stop to visit one of the most important people in my life.
. She gives me one piece of overpriced candy FREE every month! She loves me!
I’ve begun a new plan for this month: portion control! I’ve realized lately that I’ve been having way too much of everything. I’m generally comfortable with eating almost whatever I want, but recently it’s been sliding out of control and into massive bingeing. Here are some of my goals for August:
– Eat slowly and enjoy every single bite.
– No more visits to See’s Candies (Godiva is allowed once a month for my free piece).
– No more sugary coffee drinks (To save money, and needless sugar/caffeine intake).
– NO MORE BEER!!!!
Don’t freak out! The no beer rule is only for August. I’m still allowing myself two glasses of red wine a week for health reasons. The last time I quit alcohol, I dropped 8 pounds over the course of the first month, and my beer gut needs to go, especially since I start filming in two weeks!
Even though I have a new plan (Now known as The Chief – no reason why, I just feel like using a code name), lunch was still the same.
A mini-spicy tuna roll with brown rice and sriracha. I only used about a teaspoon of soy sauce with my sriracha for dipping. Salt is slowly being cut out.
I did some speed walking on my breaks (My current “strutting” song is “Your Love Is My Drug” by Kesha
– perfect for walking to a quick clip), and for a late afternoon snack had Paciugo
. This time, I had a child’s size, which is two small scoops, of rocky road and amaretto chocolate chip. There’s really no need for any more than a small taste!
Dinner was a small bean and cheese burrito made with a raw tortilla that was cooked in a skillet. I had 2 tablespoons of pre-made guacamole on the side.
Have you ever tried a raw tortilla? You can buy them in a regular grocery store in the cheese section. You just plop one of these into a dry skillet and slowly cook it until it looks a little opaque. These are the tortillas that they use in restaurants – the ones that make the burritos so unbearably good that you can’t help but inhale the entire thing. Luckily, this one was small.
I’ve also made my August bucket list! A few key points:
– Take a pottery class (I start Tuesday night! My mom and I are going to be throwing clay together 🙂 ).
– Have a 3-hour dinner at a local fancy restaurant with friends (I LOVE having extended meals!).
– Bike up “the Bitch” – a 7 mile bike trail that gently slopes from sea level to 300 feet, then climbs another 350 feet in 1/2 a mile.
– Finally do my “audition intensive” where I put a bunch of auditions on tape to send in.
– L.A. Blogger meet-up! So excited!
– Cut out the brews and sub in 2 glasses of red wine per week.
– Film a festival short (August 14th-22nd).
– Read the Bible every day – I’m going to be doing a little Bible study in the next few weeks.
My day was very productive and cheerfull with all the list-making, and I leave you now with some cozy pictures of happiness.
Enjoyed the final beer last night while sitting around the fire pit. Happiness.
Perfection in a fluffy package.
Do you have anything you want to accomplish/do for fun in August?