Over the last month I have made pancakes. Lots and lots of pancakes. Not just any pancakes though – I’ve made Banana-Pecan Pancakes, Green Monsta Pancakes, Peach Pie Oatmeal Pancakes, and many many more. Today brings another rendition – Sweet Potato Pancakes.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
1/3 cup whole rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of salt
1 small baked sweet potato, skinned and smashed
2/3-1 1/3 cup soymilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl, combine the sweet potato, vanilla, and half of the soymilk.
3. Add the sweet potato mixture to the dry ingredients and combine.
4. This is where you must use your own judgement (did you know that there are tons of internet debates about the spelling of judgment/judgement? I guess I’m British at heart! The things I learn from blogging…) – add soymilk until the batter consistency is thin enough to pour, but thick enough to hold together – does that make sense?
Until it looks like THAT!
5. Pour a heaping tablespoon onto a greased pan and cook over medium-low heat until the edges look a little brown, then flip.
6. Cook for another three minutes, then serve with your choice of topping.
I topped mine with diced peaches that were tossed with cinnamon and a teaspoon of brown sugar, then softened and caramelized in a pan over medium heat.
Eat. Breathe. Joy.
4 Responses to Sweet Potato Pancakes!
Where do you live – Lake Sherwood? I've noticed a fantastic kitchen and fantastic views in all your photos.
Haha, not even close! I just live at the top of a hill. I'm very blessed 🙂
can i add yam?
Yep! Yams and sweet potatoes are close enough in the root family and they’ll both add extra sweetness to the pancakes 🙂