Happy National Pancake Day!!! Did you have any idea it was NPD? Lucky for me, the first thing I do in the morning is get my coffee, then read the blogs that I follow, and Heather had mentioned it and made her pancake breakfast. I looked around my kitchen and decided that I would make Peach Pie Oatmeal pancakes.
Peach Pie Oatmeal Pancakes
– Printable recipe HERE
1/2 of a cup of quick-cook rolled oats
1/2 of a cup of whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
A pinch of salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 1/3 cups of soymilk
1 large peach, diced
1 large peach, sliced, for garnish
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the soymilk and blend together (It will look watery, but the oats absorb the extra moisture).
- Stir in the diced peaches.
- While waiting for the batter to thicken, put the sliced peaches in a greased pan over medium heat to caramelize.
5. After the pancake batter has thickened (about two minutes), set a greased frying pan over medium heat. (I grease mine with a canola oil spray)
6. Plop a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the pan and flip when the tops look semi-dry.
I love the caramelized edges of the peaches peeking through!
7. Flip the peaches that are caramelizing in the other pan, then top the finished pancakes with them.
8. Drizzle with honey and INHALE!
Inhalation is best done with a beautiful view.
My morning was pretty much completely amazing. Eating stacks of fluffy, fruity pancakes can do that to mornings, I’ve found. After breakfast, I headed off for a full shift at work. I arrived and opened the cabinet where I keep my purse, and found the most amazing surprise EVER!
My friend who works at Godiva
gave me FOUR chocolate covered strawberries! Those things cost six million dollars apiece!!! I’m so spoiled!
I went out to Paciugo
with my new coworker and tried out a new flavor, Vanilla Raspberry Swirl. Hi, my name is Becki, and I have an addiction. The last time I had gelato was at 12:13pm today.
Lunch was a mini spicy tuna roll with brown rice, followed by a trip to Williams Sonoma
, and some light reading.
Yes, those are all of Williams Sonoma’s spices compiled into a pamphlet, which I read cover to cover. I’m weird.
Speaking of reading, yesterday I finally finished the latest book I’ve been going through.
“Never Let Me Go” by Kazuo Ishiguro. I had to read it before I see the movie. I’m not quite sure how I feel about this one…
Have you read it yet? What are your thoughts?
I got home after work to a home cooked meal! My roommates appreciated my pancake-mastering this morning that they made dinner!
They made peach-ginger baked chicken with grilled vegetables on the side. That black stuff on the left is onions, zucchini, eggplant and green beans that have been grilled in a mesh pan until DELICIOUS. Don’t let the lack of color freak you out!
I’m enjoying a glass of Hard Core
red wine, a mix of 29% Mourvedere, 24% Grenache, 27% Syrah, and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s a random blend, but deliciously spicy and fruity at the same time! Tomorrey I have to head to work at 9am, then I get to bail out early to head to an audition for a web series, and continue on to Dan and Malachi’s for wine tasting and risotto making!
Did you celebrate National Pancake Day? What kind did you make?