I did NOTHING but cook today! Well, that and watch the COLORADO AVALANCHE DESTROY the Chicago Blackhawks! Ooooooh yeah!
I’ve been dying to make pumpkin muffins since we bought our first can of pumpkin half a month ago, and I finally had time today!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins –
Printable recipe available HERE
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup whole rolled oats
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I realize this is dry, but this just makes it easier)
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tins. (Or use silicon muffin cups like I did – They’re pricey but make everything easier! I highly recommend them.)
2. Combine dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2. In second bowl, combine wet ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Pour batter into muffin tins.
I heart mini-muffins. Too cheesy?
5. Baking times vary: my mini-muffins took 12 minutes until they were done. The full size muffins took 25 minutes.
Donning a cute apron from TJ Maxx helps too…
6. Set your camera to the macro-setting which you will have JUST TODAY discovered (Manual is not macro? I am ashamed) and take some awesome pictures!
Chocolate chip goodness!
Since I discovered the official macro setting on my camera, I set out to take some artsy pictures.
Cleaned silicone muffin liners.
Candleholder with a view.
Sweet potato chili ingredients.
Sweet potato chili served in handmade pottery.
It was a great day.
What are your favorite fall recipes?