AKA Colorado: Part II!
Now seriously, gelato is amazing. You know how much I adore Paciugo. I used to visit every day whilst working at my crappy retail job. However… I have found something that tops even Paciugo!!
This is a Mudslide Gelatini. Double chocolate chip gelato, vodka, Irish cream and coffee liquer.
GELAZZI! This little lounge in Littleton, Colorado is the perfect spot for kids after school (there were way too many of those), and adults (or people who pretend that they are) for any time of the day. My best friend Michelle, who I’ve known since I was eight, and I stumbled upon this beautiful little place while driving around town.
Nothing like a liquor-infused gelato to celebrate 2pm on a Tuesday!
Don’t get me wrong, I still love Paciugo, but if a Gelazzi moves to town… watch out!
I just had to dedicate an entire post to this. It’s THAT awesome!
How’s THAT for a mouthful? A mouthful of delicious, tender chicken, sweet, yet slightly crunchy bell peppers and onions, and a spicy sour cream that sears into your tongue, only to have the spice be cut instantaneously by the dairy? Oh yeah!
It’s okay to envy me right now. I’ll envy you too after you make this! I received a coupon for a free bag of Tyson’s Grilled and Ready chicken, and picked it up with this delicious concoction already dancing around my brain. I was originally going to get their plain grilled chicken strips and marinate them, but they’d thought ahead for me and created prepared fajita chicken strips!
Why must my life be so very… easy? Anyway, without further ado, I present to you…
Rainbow Chicken Fajita Salad with Jalapeño-Scented Sour Cream – Printable recipe available HERE.
The juice of 1 lemon
A splash of water
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp Worchestshire sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
A pinch of red pepper flakes (Be careful with these! A little goes a LOOONG way!)
3 small bell peppers of different colors (This is important for the “rainbow” aspect of the title…)
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1 6oz. bag of Tyson’s Grilled and Ready Fajita Chicken Breast Strips
Jalapeño-Scented Sour Cream ingredients:
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 jalapeño, seeded and minced
The juice of 1/2 a lime
Lettuce of your choice (I used romaine)
Any other fun toppings you can think of!
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and whisk well. Set aside.
2. Peel the onion, cut in half and slice into thin strips.
3. Repeat with the three small bell peppers, and toss them and the diced jalapeño into the bowl with the marinade.
4. Toss vegetables to fully coat with marinade.
5. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, and add vegetables, reserving the marinade liquid. This leftover marinade can be used as a dressing for the salad!
6. Saute over medium heat, stirring often until they become tender: about 12 minutes.
7. Add the chicken strips and continue cooking until heated through: about 5 minutes.
8. While the chicken and veggies heat through, in a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/4 seeded and minced jalapeño and the juice from 1/2 a lime.
9. Display all your ingredients in a fancy manner on an extended counter, hand everyone a plate and dig in!
(Yes, this is in fact my version of fancy)
Dinner is served!
OH! I almost forgot:
10. Go out for gelato. You just spent an hour in the kitchen! You deserve an easy dessert!