A few months back, Ora and I were invited to a fellow artist’s home for a homecooked meal. I fell head over heels for this pasta dish and begged Mari for her recipe. A few days ago, she sent it to me. Today, I made my dreams come true.
Category Archives: lisciousness
Not the bacon dream, the pasta dream.
I dream about food a lot…
Mari’s Pasta Pomodoro
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5oz cans of petite diced tomatoes (no spices or herbs added)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package fresh whole wheat linguini (I used Buitoni whole-wheat linguine)
1. In a deep saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add minced garlic.
2. Saute until garlic is a light brown, about two minutes.
3. Add petite diced tomatoes, stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
(Sorry for the painful product-placement!)
4. Add salt and sugar, stir well and let simmer while pasta cooks.
5. Cook pasta according to packaging (Buitoni’s fresh pasta only takes 2-3 minutes).
6. Drain pasta and add to tomato sauce, then cook together until heated through, about 3 minutes.
7. Serve and top with freshly grated asiago cheese and fresh herbs.
Mmmm, delectable AND healthy!
At this point, I’d realized that I forgot to add a vegetable to my meal (yet again), so I roasted some broccoli and combined it with the pasta.
HOLY LUSCIOUSNESS DELICIOUSITY!
So healthy! Maybe too healthy…
A big glass of Dos Beckis should remedy that!
After an extra month of bottle-conditioning, Dos Beckis has taken on a lovely hoppy flavor!
I couldn’t be happier!
And maybe some rich foods on the road – that’s right!
Back to Carefree tomorrow morning!