It has been FREEZING here in Southern California! Seriously, right now it’s 60 degrees Fahrenheit outside and I’m wrapped up in my robe, prepared to curl up under a blanket with a hot cup of Sleepytime tea and a foreign film. Holy crap. It’s happened. I’m officially a Californian…
I mean, really though, look at the cloudy sky! Can you feel the chill coming at you through your computer screen?
Okey, the truth is, I am chilled, but I think it’s a sympathetic chill because it just started
snowing blizzarding (now officially a word) out in Fort Collins where my brother and sister-in-law live. Yeah, definitely a sympathetic chill. I’m still a Coloradoan at heart.
I got this hilarious holiday card in the mail today!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Great times?? Getting up at 3am to work retail was definitely one of the highlights of my life, and standing around staring at an empty store for hours on end was enjoyable as well, I suppose. Hmmm, should I reapply??
In other exciting news, I braved the cold weather, opened the grill and made:
Cheddar Jalapeño Pub Burgers
2lbs of ground beef
1/2 cup each of diced pepperjack cheese and cheddar cheese
2 jalapeños seeded and diced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Mash all ingredients together and make patties.
2. Grill over medium heat for about 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. Be careful not to catch your sleeve on fire when the fat from the burger and cheese turn into flame accelerant.
4. Seriously, be careful: I speak from experience. Luckily, they were delicious and worth the pain.
5. Serve with a wide array of toppings – my favorites are always guacamole and more cheese. You just can’t lose.
I’ve been locked inside the library attempting (and failing) to write a research paper. My days consist of the Passenger channel on Pandora, mixed with a little Radical Face and me staring at an empty Word document while contemplating whether or not a packet of peanut M&Ms would be a good idea.
A hint from the wise: Peanut M&Ms are always a good idea.