Exercise of the day: I woke up with a headache and sat around for a while sipping tea before I decided that if I was going to feel like crap anyway, I might as well feel like crap at the gym and get a workout out of the way and I’m really good at writing run-on sentences. I fueled up with some carbs:
Category Archives: Godiva
Happy National Pancake Day!!! Did you have any idea it was NPD? Lucky for me, the first thing I do in the morning is get my coffee, then read the blogs that I follow, and Heather had mentioned it and made her pancake breakfast. I looked around my kitchen and decided that I would make Peach Pie Oatmeal pancakes.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the soymilk and blend together (It will look watery, but the oats absorb the extra moisture).
- Stir in the diced peaches.
- While waiting for the batter to thicken, put the sliced peaches in a greased pan over medium heat to caramelize.
5. After the pancake batter has thickened (about two minutes), set a greased frying pan over medium heat. (I grease mine with a canola oil spray)
6. Plop a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the pan and flip when the tops look semi-dry.
7. Flip the peaches that are caramelizing in the other pan, then top the finished pancakes with them.
8. Drizzle with honey and INHALE!
I hope everyone’s enjoying the beginning of their Labor Day weekend! I had to work all day today, and a few hours tomorrey, then I’m free to enjoy myself again!
I’ve been hitting the gym every day, utilizing every single second of my free trial week. Today I spent an hour on the elliptical, burned 502 calories and went 3.75 miles. Afterwards, I did a few rounds on the lat pulldown, then did a massive amount of crunches and stretching. All this was followed by a big Monsta at home – 3 cups of spinach, 1/4 of a cup of unsweetened soymilk, 1 lime, 1/2 of a banana, 1/3 of a cup of frozen blueberries, 1 carrot, and 4 sprigs of asparagus.
I had to work today, but I got to work with my lovely and ridiculously fun friend, Vicky, so it was more than bearable. Since nothing out of the ordinary happened today, I’m just going to put up a bunch of random pictures of some of my meals over the last few days.
GOOOOOD Thursday, all! I hope you got to start your day off as wonderfully as I did!
I loves me the hiking!!! If I don’t get on the trail in the morning, I really feel like something is missing from my day without that burst of endorphins. Yes, I realize I complain about the heat and the bugs, but I always end in a much better mood and have a MUCH better day than I would if I’d just sat on my butt and had a third (or fourth) cup of coffee. I begged my roommate to let me have the third cup of coffee: she told me to shut up and get my hiking gear on.
First things first: MONSTER!
I’m currently sitting in a cloud of dust, staring far, far ahead at the wagon that I fell off of this weekend. It was a long, hard fall. Today I started to climb back on, but lost my footing and got some more gravel in my knees.
The day started off well enough.